Value of Apartment Association Membership
Why should I join the SDCAA? What's in it for me? What does membership offer? These are a few of the questions prospective members ask. Read on for more information on the value of membership.
SDCAA Membership Value 101:
- Keep up to date with the ever changing local, state, and federal rental housing laws
- Help the SDCAA protect and preserve your property rights
- Avoid costly lawsuits, penalties and fines
- Attract and retain the best tenants possible
SDCAA Membership Benefits Include:
- Rental Forms—California compliant forms available in several formats:
- InfoLink Rental Forms: Free, Fill-in ready, downloadable forms (printed copies available from the SDCAA store.
- Blue Moon Forms: Fill-in ready self-populating forms. Available through the National Apartment Association (NAA)
- InfoLink Resident Screening Services—Access to high-quality credit reports, eviction records, criminal background checks, and more.
- Operational Advice— Unlimited consultations with experts when you have questions relating to the tenancy and policy.
- SDCAA is the watchdog of the industry. We are your first line of defense through our legislative advocacy program at the local, state, and national levels of government.
- Local Industry Data— Access to SDCAA's Bi-annual Vacancy and Rental Rate, Availability Index Surveys and annual Multi-family Fee Survey
- Access to multiple in-person and online educational opportunities for property owners, managers and industry suppliers.
- Obtain exclusive communications on current industry news, laws, and trends that affect the way you manage your rentals.
- Member publications including RentalOwner Magazine, and the Buyer's Guide-Directory of Member Products and Services.
- Enjoy member-only discounts
- Offered through our Partnership Discount Program
- Peer-to-peer discounts offered by SDCAA members to SDCAA members
- Enjoy significant discounts on all lines of insurance!
- Engagement activities—Members enjoy networking opportunities at local, regional and national events.
- Professional Recognition—The SDCAA takes pride in recognizing outstanding members who contribute to the industry each year at the Mark of Excellence Awards.
- Shape the Future—The SDCAA, with the help of its membership, has helped shaped the future of the rental housing industry for more than 90 years.