• In an emergency.
• When you have moved out or abandoned the apartment.
• To make necessary or agreed upon repairs and other improvements.
• To show the apartment to prospective residents, buyers or lenders.
• To provide entry to contractors.
• To conduct an initial inspection before the end of tenancy as allowed by law.
• If a court permits it.
Except in an emergency, or with your permission, the landlord must give you reasonable advance notice before entering your apartment. The law considers 24 hours advance written notice to be reasonable in most situations.